Written for: Parents of current C4RL students undergoing Robotics Certificate Programme (LEGO Mindstorms EV3)
Date of Course Structure Update: 1 Nov 2019 onwards
C4RL will be updating its RCP curriculum from the current course structure of 4 course sessions per level, total 6 course levels to a flexible scheduling system. This new system will allow for a flexible timing schedule, and flexible number of class sessions to cater to different learning speeds.
- These are compulsory sessions intended to teach fundamental theory and concepts for that course level.
- Within each course level, completion of Foundation Session is required before embarking on Practice Sessions
- These are activity based sessions intended to allow students to explore programming and robot building activities.
- Within each course level, there are a set of course activities to be completed before a student can attempt a Course Proficiency Test
- Students may register for as many Practice Sessions as needed to complete the required course activities. Recommended 3 Practice Sessions per course level.
- Students may also attempt additional activities beyond the required course activities if they will like more practice before going for the Course Proficiency Test.
Course Proficiency Test
- Students may register for the Course Proficiency Test upon completing the course requisites (Foundation Session + Course activities in Practice Sessions)
- The Course Proficiency Test is non-chargeable
- In the event students do not pass the Course Proficiency Test, they may be recommended to redo certain course activities before attempting the test again.
Changes to Curriculum Structure
1. Flexible Class Scheduling
Sometimes it may be difficult for parents to schedule enrichment classes because of preexisting tuition classes or holiday travel plans. Other times last minute emergencies or illness may complicate scheduling and we may not be able to arrange for a make up class on a last minute notice.
The new curriculum structure can help by allowing parents to book for session slots without having to worry about keeping to the same timing or the course session progression.
4 sessions per course level. Each session will take place at the same timing over consecutive weeks or consecutive days.
Intermediate 2: 13, 20, 27 Oct, 3 Nov 2019, 4pm to 6.30pm
Beginner 1: 9, 10, 11, 12 Sep 2019, 9.30am to 12pm
(Approximately) 4 sessions per course level. A parent may register for any of the available course session for the course level.
A parent may register for the following:
- Beginner 1 Foundation: 18 Nov 2019, 9.30am to 12pm
- Beginner Practice: 19 Nov 2019, 1pm to 3.30pm
- Beginner Practice: 20 Nov 2019, 9.30am to 12pm
- Beginner Practice: 21 Nov 2019, 1pm to 3.30pm
- and so on…
In the event of a child falling sick or last minute emergencies, notify us at least 24 hours in advance so that we can cancel the class registration. Failing which it will be considered no show and the class session will be forfeited.
2. Flexible Number of Sessions
While our class sizes are kept small (max 5 students per class), it may be possible to have students of vastly different learning speeds within the same class. This can be due to differences in age, prior experience, and learning ability. Having a standardised number of sessions per course level may not necessary produce the best outcomes for our students in some cases.
By moving away from a fixed number of sessions in a course level to a curriculum structure that is based on satisfactory completion of course activity, we allow students who require more hands-on practice to register for more sessions. Conversely for students who are able to grasps the course quickly, we enable them to complete the course level in fewer sessions.
4 sessions per course level. Course proficiency test conducted at the 4th session of every two levels.
RCP Beginner 1
RCP Beginner 2
4 sessions (Beginner 2 course proficiency test will be conducted during 4th session)
(Approximately) 4 sessions per course level. Course proficiency test is booked separately (non chargeable).
Jessica registers for Beginner 1 Foundation Session and 3x Beginner Practice Sessions. After the 3rd Beginner Practice Session, Jessica realises that she needs one more session in order to complete the requisite activities hence she registered for the 4th Beginner Practice Session.
Upon completing all the requisite activities for Beginner 1, she proceeds to book the Beginner 2 Foundation Session.
Following which Jessica registers for 3x Beginner Practice Sessions for Beginner 2 and was able to finish all the requisite activities within 3x Practice Sessions.
Jessica registers for the Beginner Proficiency Test and managed to pass the assessment. She then proceeds to register for the Intermediate Foundation Session.
3. Course Fee Packages
$300 – $350 per course level. Each course level is 10 hours. $30 – $35 / hour.
- RCP Beginner 1: $300
- RCP Beginner 2: $300
- RCP Intermediate 1: $350
- RCP Intermediate 2: $350
- RCP Advanced 1: $350
- RCP Advanced 2: $350
Course pricing is dependent course package. Pricing range from $30 – $35 / hour.
Course packages are
- transferable (but not refundable)
- can be shared among siblings / friends
- has a validity of 2 years (from date of purchase)
Full terms and conditions, under Course Packages section.
Example: (Each session is 2.5 hours)
- 4 session package: $350 ($35/hour)
- 8 session package: $640 ($32/hour)
- 24 session package: $1800 ($30/hour)
* pricing information is correct as of time of update.